On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Christian Schneider
<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am currently looking into the dependencies betwen packages in camel-core.
> The packages org.apache.camel and org.apache.camel.spi form the camel api.
> So I am trying to make them not depend on other packages from camel-core.
> One problem there is the starter class Main.
>
> It needs access to impl packages as it needs to start camel. So it should
> not live in org.apache.camel.
>
> I propose to move it to org.apache.camel.main. To not break anything right
> now I will create a deprecated class Main in org.apache.camel. We can remove
> the deprecated version in camel 3.0
>
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4357

I wonder if the impl package had been named core instead, if that
would make the tangles more tolerable?
As depending on core for me always seems okay :)

Anyway we have ServiceSupport in impl which IMHO should have been in
util. That would have been nice as its a good base
class to extend if your class need to be a Camel Service. I wonder if
an experiment by moving it from impl to util will reduce some tangles.

> Christian

> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>
> Open Source Architect