On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Christian Schneider
<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> That sounds to me like it would fit nicely in camel-core.

No as that is just bloat to the core.

> Btw. is there a reason why camel-core-xml is scope provided in camel-spring?
> This gives me errors in some tests of other components in eclipse as these
> classes can not be found.

There is no problem at all in IDEA.

Yes one of the reasons is osgi. By having the camel-core-xml .class
files included directly into the camel-spring and camel-blueprint
wo dont have any osgi hickups due JAR files not being loaded and
whatnot. That was a pain in the past.

> Christian
>
> Am 31.08.2011 17:43, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Christian Schneider
>> <ch...@die-schneider.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> can someone tell me what the purpose of camel-core-xml is and why it has
>>> be a spearate project?
>>> It does not seem to have any other dependencies than camel-core.
>>>
>>> So if there is no good reason to keep it separate I propose to move that
>>> code into camel-core.
>>>
>> No.
>>
>> Its an abstract component which has base classes used by XML DSLs such
>> as camel-spring and camel-blueprint.
>> This ensures that code is reused between the 2 XML DSLs and make it
>> easier to keep them in sync and whatnot.

> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>
> Open Source Architect

FuseSource