Ok, thanks for the explanation.
I'm working on another test [1] which fails which could be related to this.
It looks like if we do not specify a delay which is greater than 0, the
timer is executed the first time after "periode" of time. If the delay is
1, the timer get executed immediately the first time and the test pass. I
will check this (downloading the source from Apple at the moment) and
update the test and the WIKI.

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.2.10.x.fulltest/org.apache.camel$camel-jdbc/38/testReport/junit/org.apache.camel.component.jdbc/JdbcAnotherRouteTest/testTimerInvoked/

Best,