Am 29.04.13 08:00 schrieb "James Strachan" unter
<james.strac...@gmail.com>:

>On 28 April 2013 23:46, Babak Vahdat <babak.vah...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>
>> Another awesome stuff of yours, Thanks!
>>
>> Though I've got three questions:
>>
>> 1) Following the instructions of yours above I don't see any generated
>>html
>> docs @
>>
>>         camel-core/target/classes/org/apache/camel/component
>>
>> Is there any other steps I'm missing here?
>
>No - though I used JDK 1.7; which JDK & OS are you using?

Normally I use JDK 1.6 on OS-X but now switching to JDK 1.7 now generates
me the HTML docs as well:

~/dev/workspace/camel/camel-core/target/classes/org/apache/camel/component>
mvn -v
Apache Maven 3.0.4 (r1232337; 2012-01-17 09:44:56+0100)
Maven home: /Users/bvahdat/dev/apache-maven-3.0.4
Java version: 1.7.0_06-ea, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_06.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.7.5", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

~/dev/workspace/camel/camel-core/target/classes/org/apache/camel/component>
ls *.html
bean.html       file.html       seda.html       timer.html

Yeah it seems under JDK 1.6, the annotation processing to be not that much
stable but as long as we can make it to not break our builds then it's
fine and we could mention this on Wiki that this documentation feature is
only available using JDK 1.7+

I've got a Windows box as well (hope you can believe me :-)) and will try
to run the build both using JDK 1.6 & JDK 1.7 on that as well to see how
that would go.

Babak

>> 2) My suspicion is that the recent failed compilation by our
>> Camel.trunk.notest CI-Server profile is because of the new Maven module
>> (org.apache.camel.apt) as apparently JDK 6 annotation processing has
>>known
>> bug(s). So my question is if there would be some easy way to disable
>> annotation processing (e.g using a profile) so that we could experiment
>>this
>> on CI-Server to see if this would be really the root cause of the
>>problem?
>
>Yeah, we could disable the apt dependency unless on JDK. Am on
>vacation today; will take a stab tomorrow if noone beats me to it. The
>apt is only for the doc generation; so its no biggie to only enable it
>on a profile or jdk basis.
>

>> And if we could provide a proper fix of this. More details here:
>>

>>http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Our-builds-looks-really-bad-td5731673.h
>>tml
>>
>> 3) Would it make sense to restrict the EndpointAnnotationProcessor's
>> @SupportedAnnotationTypes to ONLY:
>>
>>         @SupportedAnnotationTypes({"org.apache.camel.spi.*"})
>>
>> I think in this way we could skip the non relevant annotations we have
>>like
>> "org.apache.camel.language.NamespacePrefix" which is currently causing
>> problem on CI-Server.
>
>Ah yeah, thats a good idea! Just committed; I also used Java 7 source
>format for the annotation processor in case that helps.

Thanks for committing that fix.