For the docs, I should be able to complete the languages this week.

:-)
 --
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:05 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
wrote:
On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hope everybody had good summer vacation. I had my vacation in parts
> and have next week as PTO.
>
> We should get started to close down on the upcoming Camel 2.18 release.
>

> There is some outstanding work (in no particular order)
>
> 1)
> Finish the spring boot stuff with the starter components.
> Nicola comes back from PTO and will work on this.

Still pending.

> 2)
> rest-dsl to support calling REST services. I am working on this and
> have some outstanding work still around binding and other
> improvements.

Implemented.

> 3)
> Tidy up the log4j v2 upgrade. Some of the examples do not start with
> the jetty plugin.

Fixed.

> 4)
> Migrate the last wiki pages to adoc files. There is not so many pages
> left and you can find a report when running camel-catalog build that
> output what is missing.
>
> This will help us with a base-line for maintaining the documentation
> going forward in the source code adoc files instead of wiki, and we
> can then generate a new website and documentation for the following
> release (2.19 or 3.0) etc. But this is a discussion we should IMHO
> take post 2.18.

Pending.

Andreas have migrate a bunch more wiki pages, but we still have a few
left for languages:

[WARNING]       Missing .adoc language documentation  : 4
[WARNING]       file-language
[WARNING]       simple-language
[WARNING]       xpath-language
[WARNING]       xquery-language

And then we need to migrate all the EIP patterns. We may postpone this
to post 2.18, as I would like to also get EIPs generate their options
automatic as we do for components.

Also we have a experiment with generate a list of the EIPs at
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/readme-eip.adoc

> 5)
> camel-test-karaf module. This module is in the works but could use
> some review and finishing so its easier to use for end users.
>
> Notice the existing camel-test-blueprint is still favored for doing
> unit tests which you can run fast and easily debug. The new
> camel-test-karaf is for running integration tests in a running karaf
> instance.

Pending. Need to find time to help review and finish this.

> 6)
> We should look at the JIRA tickets that are assigned to 2.18.0 and try
> to fix / implement them, or move them to 2.18.1 or 2.19.0 for next
> releases.

Pending.

> 7)
> Keep an eye on the CI server to make sure the tests are green.
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Camel/

In general good state but the CI servers sometimes cannot build due to
low memory or other jenkinis issues.