I think you can run camel-spring-dm and maybe not install components
that require Spring 4.x etc and then do some limited Camel application
on the legacy Spring DM. Or in theory have spring 3.x and 4.x run side
by side (osgi versioning) and have it somehow work. But hey f...
spring-dm is not good in osgi. Use blueprint!

But yeah its totally deprecated and people should move off spring-dm
asap if possible.

gnodet talked about some work they do in karaf to make it possible to
load spring xml files and then automatic transform that into
blueprint, so people could use spring xml files but it would run as
blueprint.

We could consider removing camel-spring-dm from Camel 2.19 onwards if
it makes too much trouble.

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus