Hi Cameleers,
so it's been a while since we discussed the state of the new website,
so let me start by enumerating what we have done so far and then what
I think needs to be done for the website to go live.

So what has been done:

A lot. A lot of folk over almost two years helped with the website
effort and their help needs to be acknowledged. I'm sorry not to
mention everyone here as I would certainly forget someone. I do wish
to thank you all for your contributions.

In points:
 - content from the Confluence wiki has been (high 90% of it) cleaned
up and migrated to asciidoc format and is now maintained in the git
repository
 - tools that maintain the documentation were developed (updating from
javadoc, moving/copying documents and maintaining indexes)
 - initial website design was contributed and polished over time
 - tools to build and develop the website were implemented and
integrated with the CI
 - a lot of small paper-cut issues were resolved

You can find the majority of these issues as subtasks of CAMEL-11492[1].

What I think needs to be done:
 - gather more feedback on the staging website
(https://camel.apache.org/staging/)
 - find/resolve any search engine issues (such as CAMEL-13800[2])

What I think would be good to do:
 - more search engine optimization (like the microdata effort CAMEL-11494[3])
 - I'd like to polish the documentation a bit CAMEL-13780[3], if it
turns out not too much work split up the documentation into even
further modules (CAMEL-13812[4])
 - add search (CAMEL-11503)
 - iron out any design/responsive layout issues

I think we can work on the 'needs to be done' bits in the following
week and rump up the effort to replace the old website with the new
one currently present only on the staging.

And depending on the feedback, that is if there are no large blocking
issues found, I think we can go live with the new website somewhere in
the middle of August.

So, with that I would like to call to action, I'd like to have a list
of actionable issues we need to resolve for the go live of the new
website.

If you can take a moment and have a look at the staging site
(https://camel.apache.org/staging/) and either by replying on the
thread or by creating a subtask on CAMEL-11492[1] with any issues that
you think need to be addressed before we go live.

And, if you can contribute to this effort, by modifying the design,
improving the build tools, correcting the documentation please feel
free to do so.

zoran

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-11492
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-13800