Probably you need configuration for the checks that assures that the
xref-checker is using a 2.3+ Antora.  I think I set up the camel-website build
to do this.

If this seems too complicated, I would recommend commenting out the redirect
facility line, since you already updated the main .htaccess file by hand.

Thanks,
David Jencks