Hi Vishal,

Thanks for uploading the design document. The document is good and gives a
detailed picture of the requirement.

I have few questions and suggestions. Kindly consider if applicable.

1. Will the local dictionary be read once and put into offheap/onheap
memory or for every query it will be read?

2. Will the columnCardinality integer array now contain the actual
cardinality for no dictionary column in the block footer or in any other
metadata?
If not then we can store as it can be one of the statistics which can help
in deciding pushdown for like queries on no dictionary column.

3. Apart from default threshold we can also define the max threshold for
the local dictionary (lets say 1 lac). If user configures a value greater
than max allowed threshold then we can consider max and continue.

Regards
Manish Gupta