Hi David,

Are you talking about the dynamic run-time filter pushdown of spark ? If
that is the case, I had already raised a discussion fee months back to do
the similarly  in Carbondata to improve carbon join by using carbondata's
metadata. But since spark is already doing it , it's decided not to do any
changes in carbon side for the same feature and make it complex.

So this design is decided in the community meeting last week, please
correct me if I'm wrong in understanding your reply.

Also it's not plan change, basically, it's just adding a where filter of
custom UDF of block paths in the current join query that's all which skips
the unwanted block files to scan.

Regards,
Akash