Great work, guys! Glad to see CQL picking up steam. I think it will be
a game-changer for adoption.

Hopefully!

Firstly, has it already been taken into consideration that CQL implicitly means injections may become a problem?

Absolutely. The same best practices for a SQL driver apply:
parametrization should be handled by the API rather than string
escaping done manually.  For the Java driver we are doing this in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2277. I'm not very
familiar with PHP but I think PDO is usually used for that?

:-) Nick has some good ideas to help with that

I believe the plan of record is to host CQL drivers in-tree, so you'd
post it to JIRA for review as usual.

cool, will do!