On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Dave Brosius <dbros...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 12/28/2011 08:54 PM, Eric Evans wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Stephen Connolly
>> <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> just the question, where do us contributors who are not committers but
>>> have
>>> cla's on file (ie already asf committers) push our changes?
>>
>> To the best of my knowledge, that distinction doesn't matter.  It's up
>> to the committer to make sure the changes they're pushing are intended
>> for the ASF.
>>
>> As to the where people (with or without CLAs) can/should push their
>> changes, that's part of what needs to be discussed, I guess.
>
> I don't suppose there's anyway a pull request on the github mirror could
> make it back to the apache repo?

I'm sure there is nothing stopping any two Github users from
exchanging changesets via pull requests, and then later pushing them
to the ASF repo, but integrating Github pull requests with Jira, or
any other part of ASFs infrastructure, seems like a stretch (I guess
it couldn't hurt to ask though).

I was thinking there might be something we could do with the
service-hooks integration (Admin->Service Hooks).  Either the
Jira-specific one, or the Post-Receive URLs.  Have it match an issue
number in the commit message, and update the ticket with a link to the
topic branch.

I wonder what, if anything, the already migrated ASF projects are doing here?

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu