The table is something simliar to:

CREATE TABLE data (
  uid varchar,
  t timestamp,
  foo varchar,
  bar varchar,
  PRIMARY KEY (uid, t, foo, bar)
);

Then I can insert just fine via Astyanax and I can see the row via
cli, but the select statement fails in cqlsh.

The table is fine, when I only interact with it through CQL. I can
insert and select fine, until I insert a row from Asytanax.

If needed, I can probably create a small test for this that I can share.

-brian