Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for the response. I read through several JIRAs ( CASSANDRA-1072,
CASSANDRA-2495, CASSANDRA-4775, CASSANDRA-6504, CASSANDRA-6506). I would
appreciate if you can clarify my understanding of the current state of art.

I understand that the earlier design of having local shards, remote shards
and logging only deltas for local shards provided good latency but suffered
inconsistencies due to replays not being idempotent. Was this primarily
lack of internal idempotent updates (replica-replica) or due to lack
external idempotent updates (client-coordinator) ? Also, I have an
additional question about the state of counters before CASSANDRA-6504 (or
Counters 1.0 if you like). Does the client submit
CounterUpdate<counter-name, value, timestamp> ? During the retry is the
same  CounterUpdate<counter-name, value, timestamp> submitted again
identically as the original attempt ? When the coordinator (if it is one of
the replica) OR the leader does a write propagation to the other replicas
does it include the same CounterUpdate<counter-name, value, timestamp> ?
Essentially, my question is: Can we identify each counter update from a
client uniquely ? and does the retry use the same unique id ?

Also post the implementation of CASSANDRA-6504 (or Counters 2.0 design) I
understand that local and remote shards have been replaced by global shards
and now counters follow a lock-read-write-unlock-replicate model. Does this
guarantee that retries from clients are still idempotent ? Also, in
Counters 2.0, is the CounterUpdate sent by the client an unique id ?

I would appreciate your clarification on this.

Thank you !

Regards,
Rajath

Rajath Subramanyam