On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Robert Stupp <sn...@snazy.de> wrote:

> Instead of labeling it 2.2, I’d like to propose to label it 3.0 (so
> basically just move 8099 to 3.1).
> In the end it’s ”only a label”. But there are a lot of new user-facing
> features in it that justifies a major release.

+1 on labeling the proposed 2.2 as 3.0 and moving (8099 to 3.1)

1. Tons of new features that feel more than just a 2.2
2. The majority of features planned for 3.0 are actually ready for this
version
3. in order to avoid compatiblity questions (and version compatibility
matrices), the drivers developed by DataStax have
    followed the Cassandra versions so far. The Python and C# drivers are
already at 2.5 as they added some major features.

   Renaming the proposed 2.2 as 3.0 would allow us to continue to use this
versioning policy until all drivers are supporting
   the latest Cassandra version and continue to not require a user to check
a compatibility matrix.

--
Bests,

Alex Popescu | @al3xandru