Hi all,

Historically we've insisted that people go through the process of creating
a Jira issue and attaching a patch or linking a branch to demonstrate
intent-to-contribute and to make sure we have a unified record of changes
in Jira.

But I understand that other Apache projects are now recognizing a github
pull request as intent-to-contribute [1] and some are even making github
the official repo, with an Apache mirror, rather than the other way
around.  (Maybe this is required to accept pull requests, I am not sure.)

Should we revisit our policy here?

[1] e.g. https://github.com/apache/spark/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed

--
Jonathan Ellis