From: Josh McKenzie [mailto:jmcken...@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 7:42 AM
To: dev@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: A JIRA proposing a seperate repository for the online documentation

Wow. Ok, let's try this again.

Josh, you made my point for me.   Lower the barriers to entry

Kenneth, I disagree. The C* community is not expressing universal interest in
having a hand-crafted bespoke website, but many have expressed being open to
using markdown to create content. Former: high barrier to entry *for the
community as a whole, not just you.* Important distinction.

If someone like me offers to knock out something that's been a problem for
> the group and can do a very professional job, next time get out of the way.

It's been a problem because people haven't devoted time to it, not because they
couldn't figure out markdown. The Apache Way is about consensus, not telling
people to get out of the way when they don't agree with you.

I don't make junk Josh.

Actions speak louder than words and thus far your tone, combativeness, and
repeated unwillingness to acknowledge what looks to be a strong general
consensus from your peers is the evidence we have to go on.