Just want to bump this up if any reviewers have time before the 9/1 window.
I think these are all patch available and ready for review at this point.

Useful improvements for 4.0:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14303 and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14557 - Makes the user
> interface for creating keyspaces easier to use and less error prone. For
> example "CREATE KEYSPACE foo WITH replication = {'class':
> 'NetworkTopologyStrategy'}" would just do the right thing after both
> patches.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14459 - Limits the
> DynamicEndpointSnitch's use of latent replicas. This should help with slow
> queries on startup and every 10 minutes during DES reset (when the snitch's
> latency data is empty). There is also a riskier potential follow up patch
> which improves the performance of the latency tracking mechanism by ~10x
> and reduces garbage to near zero. I believe that Jason is looking at this.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14297 - Improves the
> startup check functionality to make it so that operators can be more
> confident that they won't throw unavailable or timeouts during node
> restarts. The patch has merge conflicts right now but I was waiting on
> someone to confirm it's worth doing before I spend more time on it.
>

> Minor cleanup patches:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9452 - Cleanup of some
> old configuration, probably an easy thing to commit.

Since then we have a few more:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14358 - Improves the
handling of network partitions, especially those caused by statefull
firewalls (e.g. AWS security groups)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14319 - Doesn't let
nodetool rebuild pass invalid datacenters

Cheers,
-Joey