It seems to me that improving / simplifying the process of building the
packages might solve this problem better.  For example, in the tests you
linked to, they were using a custom build that hadn't been rolled into
trunk.  I expect we're going to see a lot of that.

If we make building a deb package as easy as running `docker-compose run
build-deb` then that addresses the problem of testing all branches.

This sort of exists already in cassandra-builds, but it's doing a little
more than just building a basic deb package.  Might be easier if it was
directly in the Cassandra repo.