Not sure we need another 2.1 release, this one included, but sure, +1

So long as the branch itself stays kinda open and most critical issues can have
at least fixes for them committed, the interested parties can then keep
building the artefacts manually.

Once 4.0 is out we can freeze the branch for good as well.