As discussed, let's go with 16.  Speaking with Anthony privately as well, I
had forgotten that some of the analysis that Branimir had initially done on
the skew and allocation may have been internal to DataStax so I should have
mentioned that previously.  Thanks to Mick, Alex, and Anthony for doing
this analysis and helping back the decision with data.  This will benefit
many that start with Cassandra that don't know that 256 is a bad number and
end up with a hard to change decision later.  I assigned myself to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13701.  Thanks all.