+1 to the yearly release cadence + periodic trunk snapshots + support to 3
previous release branches.. I think this will give some nice predictability
to the project.

When there is an agreement we should document the changes on the webpage
and also highlight it as part of the 4.0 release material as it's an
important change to the release cycle and LTS support.