Thanks to everybody and sorry for not finalizing that email thread sooner.

For the release cadence the agreement is:* one release every year +
periodic trunc snapshot*
For the number of releases being supported the agreement is 3.  *Every
incoming release should be supported for 3 years.*

We did not reach a clear agreement on several points :
* The naming of versions: semver versus another approach and the name of
snapshot versions
* How long will we support 3.11. Taking into account that it has been
released 4 years ago does it make sense to support it for the next 3 years?

I am planning to open some follow up discussions for those points in the
coming weeks.

When there is an agreement we should document the changes on the webpage
> and also highlight it as part of the 4.0 release material as it's an
> important change to the release cycle and LTS support.

It is a valid point. Do you mind if I update the documentation when we have
clarified the version names and that we have a more precise idea of when
4.0 GA will be released? That will allow us to make a clear message on when
to expect the next supported version.