Hi Justin,

You are probably right, but as far as I am aware you are not an official source
of ASF policy on this matter. The official policy pages do not stipulate this,
so I would appreciate if you could get them updated to accord more clearly your
beliefs before the project makes the necessary changes.

> If the board was to get involved then I think it would be likely, going on
> previous similar situations, it would ask for the project to remove the non
> complainant releases.

I can only speak for myself, but I am happy to ensure future releases follow
this policy once it is clearly stated as an official ASF policy by the official
policy documentation.

As for prior releases, since 1) the official guidance has not required this to
date; and 2) there is no _legal_ reason to require this (per the LEGAL thread
you linked), I have no personal intention of going back to modify prior
releases.

The board is of course free to wield whichever tools it likes, but please
remember that this is a volunteer endeavour. Expecting project members to
volunteer days of their time to retroactively meet a policy they had not been
informed of, was in no official guidance, and has no legal reasoning behind it,
is a tough sell.