On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 7:56 AM bened...@apache.org <bened...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Could you explain why you believe this trade-off is necessary? We can
> support full SQL just fine with Accord, and I hope that we eventually do so.

I assume this is really referring to interactive transactions = multiple
round trips to the client within a transaction.

You mentioned previously we could later build a more MVCC like transaction
semantic on top of Accord. (Independent reads from a single snapshot,
followed by a commit using Accord.) In this case I think the relevant
discussion is whether Accord is still the optimal building block
performance wise to do so, or whether users would then have lower
consistency level but still pay the performance cost of a stricter
consistency level.

henrik
--

Henrik Ingo

+358 40 569 7354 <358405697354>

[image: Visit us online.] <https://www.datastax.com/>  [image: Visit us on
Twitter.] <https://twitter.com/DataStaxEng>  [image: Visit us on YouTube.]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_channel_UCqA6zOSMpQ55vvguq4Y0jAg&d=DwMFaQ&c=adz96Xi0w1RHqtPMowiL2g&r=IFj3MdIKYLLXIUhYdUGB0cTzTlxyCb7_VUmICBaYilU&m=bmIfaie9O3fWJAu6lESvWj3HajV4VFwgwgVuKmxKZmE&s=16sY48_kvIb7sRQORknZrr3V8iLTfemFKbMVNZhdwgw&e=>
  [image: Visit my LinkedIn profile.] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/heingo/>