> this seems problematic given all four
> release branches (2.2, 3.0, 3.11, 4.0) + trunk appear to have about
> 15-20 failures on ci-cassandra.apache.org

That's the intended outcome of making it a hard blocker for release: it
incentivizes us fixing these tests.

If this vote passes would that mean we cannot cut any release

We would not cut a release with known failing tests, no. Which for critical
infrastructure software _seems_ like it should probably be table stakes, no?

~Josh