On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 4:48 PM Joshua McKenzie <jmcken...@apache.org> wrote:
>> If this vote passes would that mean we cannot cut any release
>
> We would not cut a release with known failing tests, no. Which for critical
> infrastructure software _seems_ like it should probably be table stakes, no?

While I very much support a "should" statement (or just acknowledging
that the PMCs can use failing tests as a reason to -1 which afaik was
already the case), a "must" statement seems like we could get in a
pickle quite easily in the case of critical bugs or security
vulnerabilities.

I like everything else about the proposal, and I like the idea of
using circle pre-commit to catch obviously broken stuff and the full
asf build for post merge validation. I am not in favor of removing the
project's capability to cut a release.

-Joey