> We do not want to encourage/enable the rush to commit stuff before the 1st
> May cut-off. IMHO we should be comfortable leaning towards saving any
> significant commits for the next dev cycle.
With sufficient testing added for a new feature, feature flags for optionality,
and a window of time to fuzz test things, why should we shy away from even
large commits the day before we freeze if they have a green CI board?

It's up to each of us not to rush or cut corners to try and slip something in.
The snapshot releases and yearly cadence should remove a lot of the sting from
missing a release deadline I think.