On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 3:35 AM Benjamin Lerer <ble...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thank Erick for raising the discussion.
> My apologies for not responding before. The original thread raised several
> questions for me and I needed time to think about them.
> One question is the Linkedin Company vs Group one. I must admit that it
> makes sense but the whole story made me realize my lack of understanding of
> how Linkedin works and wanted to explore that more deeply than I did before
> creating the group.
> Another thing that the thread made me realize is that there are several
> people interested in being involved in C* marketing/Public Relations and
> that we probably need to do the things in a more mature and open way.
> Partick and I would like to organize a contributor meeting focused on
> Apache Cassandra marketing to give a chance to everybody to join and
> discuss how we could do things better if people are interested.
> I feel that it would help us to evolve in this area

Please bear in mind that contributor meetings like these are exclusive by
nature; There is no time suitable for every timezone, not everyone has
equal connectivity, and those who don't natively speak English might
struggle to keep pace in real time (to name just a few reasons).  This is
probably why the ASF is so adamant about the use of email.

--
Eric Evans
eev...@apache.org