Yep, supportive of anything that has the potential to increase the number of users evaluating a pre-release build. Alpha sounds great.On May 18,
2022, at 9:29 AM, David Capwell <dcapw...@apple.com> wrote:Works for meOn May 18, 2022, at 7:36 AM, Josh McKenzie <jmcken...@apache.org>
wrote:+1 from me on the grounds that I expect users to be more inclined to test an alpha build of 4.1 rather than finding and pulling down a
nightly. Expectations of stability differ.On Wed, May 18, 2022, at 10:18 AM, Stefan Miklosovic wrote:Hi Mick,I do not mind having alpha1 out. It
will help me with setting up allbuild pipelines for our plugins / tools / libraries as now I can notbuild it as snapshot is not released anywhere
nor I can depend on itin Maven projects, for example.So yeah, +1 from me.RegardsOn Wed, 18 May 2022 at 11:40, Mick Semb Wever
<m...@apache.org> wrote:>> Our release lifecycle docs¹ imply that we can release alphas despite> flaky test failures, which means we
can cut and vote on a 4.1-alpha1> release today. This is also on the presumption that point (2) on our> Cassandra CI Process docs² does not
apply to pre-beta releases.>> Is there an appetite for this?> Any objections?> Any tickets about to land folk want us to wait
on?>> regards,> Mick>>> 1) https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Release+Lifecycle>> 2)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Cassandra+CI+Process