Hi,

As it was mentioned in Slack over a week ago, we are going to merge CEP-17 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-17056). The PR has been
reviewed thoroughly and it passes tests. It is mostly a refactoring
introducing the ability to implement a custom sstable format and it makes a
space for CEP-25 (big table with trie indexes) which is a significant
performance improvement, as well as it will contribute to the ability to
downgrade (which seems to be becoming more and more important).

If somebody has questions or doubts please speak up. Unless there is strong
controversy, I'm gonna merge it this week.

I'm also open for doing some follow-up work if something is missing or
something more is needed.

Thanks,
Jacek Lewandowski