We've already talked a bit
<https://lists.apache.org/list?dev@cassandra.apache.org:2023-1:Merging%20CEP-15%20to%20trunk>
about how and when the current Accord feature branch should merge to trunk.
Earlier today, the cep-21-tcm branch was created
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/qkwnhgq02cn12jon2h565kh2gpzp9rry> to house
ongoing work on Transactional Metadata.

Returning to CASSANDRA-18196
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-18196> (merging Accord to
trunk) after working on some other issues, I want to propose changing
direction slightly, and make sure this makes sense to everyone else.

1.) There are a few minor Accord test issues in progress that I'd like to
wrap up before doing anything, but those shouldn't take long. (See
CASSANDRA-18302 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-18302> and
CASSANDRA-18320 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-18320>.)
2.) Accord logically depends on Transactional Metadata.
3.) The new cep-21-tcm branch is going to have to be rebased to trunk on a
regular basis.

So...

4.) I would like to pause merging cep-15-accord to trunk, and instead
rebase it on cep-21-tcm until such time as the latter merges to trunk, at
which point cep-15-accord can be rebased to trunk again and then merged
when ready, nominally taking up the work of CASSANDRA-18196
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-18196> again.

Any objections to this?