You can initiate that vote if you want, I do not see any problem with that.

Please be aware that there is ongoing vote on 4.1.1 release so we have couple
of options:

a) someone posts binding -1 there which will render that vote as failed.
b) the voting on 4.1.1 just passes and we release it as it is.

The 4.1.1-tentative has this in NEWS.txt (1). If we fail the 4.1.1 vote, we
need to get back to this, remove that line which says that it will be removed
in the next major (5.0) and redeploy all artifacts and vote on it again.

You can also initiate the formal Hadoop removal in 5.0 vote if you think that
community consensus in this thread is not enough already and then see if it
fails or passes. If it passes, it will unblock the voting thread on 4.1.1 so we
will not need to redeploy anything.

From my perspective, the voting thread for 4.1.1 has the precedence here. If
you are not satisfied with what we are going to ship, you have the very right
to object that and stop it.

Regards

(1) https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/4.1.1-tentative/NEWS.txt#L76