Hi,

we want to introduce wiremock library (1) into the project as a test dependency
to test CASSANDRA-16555.

In that patch, (wip here (2)), we want to test how would such snitch behave
based on what Amazon EC2 Identity Service of version 2 returned to that snitch.
AWS Identity service of version 2 is necessary to call in order to get a token
with which a snitch is going to get AZ of a node it is called from.

The last comment of mine in (3) elaborates about approaches we were considering
and mocking http communication / requests with wiremock seems to be like the
most comfortable and straightforward solution.

Wiremock is Apache licence 2.0 (4) and is well maintained.

Are people OK with us introducing this to the build?

(1) https://wiremock.org/
(2)
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/2403/files#diff-dc04778c6659040f1c00f37e97a9b1530a532d3d1e3620427bd6628d1b2ec048
(3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16555