Generally +1 on this one because it looks different, but am I correct that
we already have a couple of mocking libs in our dependencies? I guess my
concern is that adding a dependency is probably as much about adding some
documentation on why it's included and how/when to use it as it is about
updating the build files.

Cheers,

Derek

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 9:24 AM Josh McKenzie <jmcken...@apache.org> wrote:

> Speaking only to the "we don't want to add a dependency on something
> that's unstable or likely to fizzle out", looks good there to me:
>
>    - Long-term project health / activity looks robust:
>    https://github.com/wiremock/wiremock/graphs/contributors
>    - Pretty diverse set of contributors in the last couple of years:
>
> https://github.com/wiremock/wiremock/graphs/contributors?from=2020-12-29&to=2023-06-20&type=c
>

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023, at 9:05 AM, Brandon Williams wrote:
>
> I was concerned about 'jre8' being in the dependency name and looked
> into which java versions were supported, and it looks like 17 is, so
> we should verify but I am +1 if that is the case.
>
> https://github.com/wiremock/wiremock/issues/1655
>
> Kind Regards,
> Brandon
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 6:35 AM Miklosovic, Stefan
> <stefan.mikloso...@netapp.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > we want to introduce wiremock library (1) into the project as a test
> dependency to test CASSANDRA-16555.
> >
> > In that patch, (wip here (2)), we want to test how would such snitch
> behave based on what Amazon EC2 Identity Service of version 2 returned to
> that snitch. AWS Identity service of version 2 is necessary to call in
> order to get a token with which a snitch is going to get AZ of a node it is
> called from.
> >
> > The last comment of mine in (3) elaborates about approaches we were
> considering and mocking http communication / requests with wiremock seems
> to be like the most comfortable and straightforward solution.
> >
> > Wiremock is Apache licence 2.0 (4) and is well maintained.
> >
> > Are people OK with us introducing this to the build?
> >
> > (1) https://wiremock.org/
> > (2)
> https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/2403/files#diff-dc04778c6659040f1c00f37e97a9b1530a532d3d1e3620427bd6628d1b2ec048
> > (3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16555
> > (4) https://github.com/wiremock/wiremock/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
> >
> > Regards

| Derek Chen-Becker                                             |
| GPG Key available at https://keybase.io/dchenbecker and       |
| https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=derek%40chen-becker.org |
| Fngrprnt: EB8A 6480 F0A3 C8EB C1E7  7F42 AFC5 AFEE 96E4 6ACC  |