Ekaterina, thank you for spearheading JDK17 support for Apache Cassandra! Exciting to get to this point.

- Scott

On Jul 24, 2023, at 7:11 PM, Ekaterina Dimitrova <e.dimitr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good news!
After run #1638-39 you should not see anything else failing than SSLFactory test class. This known issue will be fixed by potentially adding  bounty castle. More info in CASSANDRA-17992 and this netty PR:
We can probably mark the test class with @Ignore, but knowing how easily those are forgotten and 17992 being already in review, I prefer not to do it.

The only new failure I found in #1636 is a rare flaky test we never saw in CircleCI before. (unit tests were running only there; they were not enabled in Jenkins until we cleaned them ). Ticket already opened -  CASSANDRA-18685

Last but not least, eclipse-warnings is already removed (it doesn't work with post JDK8 versions), but the new static analysis from Checker Framework is already in review and soon to land in trunk - CASSANDRA-18239

As usual - if you have any questions or concerns, please do let me know.
Last but not least - thank you to everyone who helped in one way or another with this effort!!