Hi,

Support for multiple storage backends including remote storage backends is a
pretty high value piece of functionality. I am happy to see there is interest
in that.

I think that `ChannelProxyFactory` as an integration point is going to quickly
turn into a dead end as we get into really using multiple storage backends. We
need to be able to list files and really the full range of filesystem
interactions that Java supports should work with any backend to make
development, testing, and using existing code straightforward.

It's a little more work to get C* to creates paths for alternate backends where
appropriate, but that works is probably necessary even with
`ChanelProxyFactory` and munging UNIX paths (vs supporting multiple
Fileystems). There will probably also be backend specific behaviors that show
up above the `ChannelProxy` layer that will depend on the backend.

Ideally there would be some config to specify several backend filesystems and
their individual configuration that can be used, as well as configuration and
support for a "backend file router" for file creation (and opening) that can be
used to route files to the backend most appropriate.

Regards,
Ariel