Hi,

I would like to get back to this. I proposed this default configuration
change on the user list ~1 month ago and there were no comments [1].

I created CASSANDRA-19021 [2] to make the proposed change and Stefan kindly
submitted a patch, CI is looking good.

Any objections to making this change in 5.0? If not, we will merge in 24
hours.

Thanks,

Paulo

[1] - https://lists.apache.org/thread/w0gkdj7fhylycqwmd73p0kfck7jr8qth