The text I posted above is directly from the yaml.  Is it intended that
"sstable:" is to be first segment of the yaml key for
"default_compaction"?  If so, it won't because column_index_cache starts in
the first column.

I am happy to move the new configuration section, but I don't follow how
this is to work.