List,

we need your opinions about CASSANDRA-18078.

That ticket is about the removal of MAXWRITETIME function which was added
in CASSANDRA-17425 and firstly introduced in 5.0-alpha1.

This function was identified to be redundant in favor of CASSANDRA-8877 and
CASSANDRA-18060.

The idea of the removal was welcomed and the patch was prepared doing so
but it was never delivered and the question what to do with it, in
connection with 5.0.0, still remains.

The options are:

1) since 18078 was never released in GA, there is still time to remove it.
2) it is too late for the removal hence we would keep it in 5.0.0 and we
would deprecate it in 5.0.1 and remove it in trunk.

It is worth to say that there is a precedent in 2), in CASSANDRA-17495,
where it was the very same scenario. A guardrail was introduced in alpha1.
We decided to release and deprecate in 5.0.1 and remove in trunk. The same
might be applied here, however we would like to have it confirmed if this
is indeed the case or we prefer to just go with 1) and be done with it.

Regards