I am voting against this for now.

There is an unaddressed gap between the functions. I do not believe there
is an equivalent replacement for the MAXWRITETIME function already, which
will disrupt its adopters.

MAXWRITETIME handles both single value columns and collections as input.
Meanwhile, COLLECTION_MAX(WRITETIME(..)) only applies to collections. There
is CASSANDRA-18085 aims to extend COLLECTION_MAX to non-collection values.
After merging CASSANDRA-18085, then we have a true replacement and can
remove MAXWRITETIME.

- Yifan