On Apr 12, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

On Apr 12, 2007, at 6:48 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

On 4/12/07, Adrian Wiesmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The technicaly easiest solution would be if Cayenne agrees in our project taking exlusively (and only for our SOBF Tool) the data view source code (and dvmodeler) and relicence it under the GPL. With the condition that we dual-licence everything we do on the DataViews under the ASL. Like that we
could integrate everything without the need to have a separate lib.

It's not quite as easy as you'd think.  You have to find everyone who
ever worked on the DataViews code, and individually get them to
relicense the code to you.   The Cayenne project (nor the ASF) cannot
relicense the code as we don't have the right to do that.   Both the
project and ASF can only use the code as it was licensed to them by
the individuals involved.

That's a good explanation of how things work.

Not sure I'm completely sure of what the main point here,
but the way the AL is constructed is that someone could,
if they wished, take AL-licensed code and relicense it
under the GPL, or any other license they wanted. They
would simply need to adhere to the specification in
section 4 of the AL.