Note that we already have open JIRA issues on creating prototypes.
It's just that no one's gotten around to implementing it yet.  For
example,

https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-225

On 5/30/07, Andrus Adamchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, "prototype" is a much better word, and such change in
terminology is very important for this discussion to go forward, as
"interface" has a very specific meaning in OO development. Let's
definitely discuss it separately from the inheritance.

Andrus