Hi Aravind,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to express my
appreciation for the energy and creativity you've invested in the
Celeborn project; the proposal you submitted is intriguing.

I apologize for the delayed feedback on your proposal — it took me a
bit longer to get to it than anticipated. After reviewing it, I have a
couple of inquiries that I'd like to discuss in order to gain a
clearer understanding:

I observed that you're planning to implement the CLI in Python. Could
you elaborate on the choice behind not leveraging the Java stack for
this purpose? The Java ecosystem already includes mature tools such as
"commons-cli" or "Scala CLI," which are capable of facilitating CLI
tool development. Given the prevalent familiarity with the Java stack
within our community, I believe leveraging it could accelerate the
CLI's development and evolution through wider collaboration.

>From email discussions, you've indicated an interest in offering a
generic interface API for Celeborn, which is certainly exciting.
However, I'm concerned that basing a CLI on HTTP API might not fully
align with this vision. Could you provide additional insights into how
you envision the CLI advancing beyond the capabilities of the current
HTTP REST API?

Based on previous exchanges, the CLI is expected to communicate with
an external cluster manager. Is there an abstraction layer in place to
interface uniformly with various external cluster managers, or is this
something under consideration?

I'm looking forward to learning more about your perspectives and the
pathway you foresee for the CLI's development.

regards,
Ethan

Mridul Muralidharan <mri...@gmail.com> 于2024年6月12日周三 14:36写道: