There are two things, upgrade of system VM, and upgrade of software on
system VM. Any time you start a system VM the latest scripts get copied to
it. This isn't the same as using the new ipv6 template. I can understand
needing to reboot the system VMS if the scripts change, but its not the
same as upgrading the OS in the system VM.