From: Wido den Hollander [mailto:w...@widodh.nl]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 4:38 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ACS41] Ubuntu upgrade process from 4.0.X to 4.1

On 04/01/2013 12:43 PM, Sailaja Mada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade 4.0 Ubuntu Management server to 4.1 with below
> instructions :
>
> Procedure 1:
>
> 1.  Add/Modify the line "deb http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu
> precise 4.1 " in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cloudstack.list
> 2.  apt-get update
>
> Observation: It failed with GPG Error.
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu precise Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> not available: NO_PUBKEY BBFCFE5386C278E3
>
> I tried to key KEYS from
> http://www.apache.org/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS   as mentioned @
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/sect-source-verify.html
>   .
> But I am getting 404 error as KEYS are not available at this location.

The key is available here: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/release.asc

wget -O - http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/release.asc|sudo apt-key add -

It's not an official Apache mirror, so it's not using any Apache keys.

> Procedure 2:
>
> 1. Tried to create APT Repo with packages that are built @
> http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/job/package-deb-4.1/ and tried apt-get
> update .  But there are no packages got upgraded.  Filed the JIRA
> ticket for this issue couple of days back @

Please read the Wiki again, since the packages have been renamed you need to
"apt-get install" the new packages.

apt-get update only retrieves the new package lists from the server.

Wido

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Ubuntu+upgrad