On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Joe Brockmeier <j...@zonker.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So working on the Release Notes, I notice that our first section is on
> "Submitting Feedback and Getting Help." It *looks* like this has carried
> over a tradition from Cloud.com/Citrix docs. Looking at the Release
> Notes from CloudStack 2.2.14, it has a "contacting support" section.
>
> So my questions:
>
> 1) Does it make sense to have this in the release notes rather than,
> say, the install guide?
>
> 2) Should we have this in each guide, or...?
>
> Maybe it should just live on a documentation landing page with links to
> the other guides?
>
> Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

My personal thoughts - we should be using Feedback.xml in the brand
rather than one-off sections like this.
That allows us to have one piece of common content - and turn it on
and off as appropriate per the document.

ReleaseNotes might be an exception - but I think all of the guides
should have similar content (from Feedback.xml)

I personally don't like the idea of a docs landing page - we have a
number of formats that don't involve landing on a web page at all.

--David