On the Jira notification my suggestion will be to have a goto list of
people for various domains of expertise. Anyone can register for these
domains. When a bug is filed, the filer selects one of the domains he
thinks that is right for getting the bug to be resolved. This alerts the
people who have volunteered for that domain. We may take this one step
future in that for each domain we can have a designated contact person who
may once in a while take a look at the list of open issues in that domain
and may further take action for quicker resolution.

I think I had enough inputs for the day :-), Moreover the day is ending in
my timezone.
I guess that did bring some issues to the notice of community, I will
expect other community members to think of solutions.
With so many passionate members in this community I think we will arrive
at a good solution that works.

Kudos to the community !