On 11 April 2013 11:22, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@citrix.com>wrote:

> 7-8 days is a huge time lost. I was suggesting that this to be 3 days. Let
> other community members chime in too.

I should have replied to this in my previous missive. But I want to
reenforce how unhealthy I believe this practice is. 7-8 days, or even 3
days "being a huge time loss" makes absolutely no sense to me at all.
Assigning a bug should not mean it gets fixed any faster. If it does, then
we need to change the way we are working. (And if this means changing the
JIRA ticket workflow, then so be it. If something isn't working for us, we
change it.)

In fact, I would go so far as to say that we should think of assigning bugs
as an exclusionary practice. Every time you assign a bug, you're shutting
out the community. That's how we should think about it. Assign the bug,
shut out the community. And so, I would say we should try to avoid doing
it, unless it is absolutely necessary. (Such as when you're co-ordinating
some release critical work, or when you, yourself, are about to start work
on something. Of course, it's perfectly fine to shut out the community, if
you're doing that at the same time as starting work on something!)

--
NS