On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 06:02:43PM +0530, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Use what we have been using so far:
>
> API := <lowercase action>:<CamelCaseSubjects>
>
> lowecase action := <add| remove | list | etc....>
> CamelCaseSubjects := <Users|Zones|VirtualMachines|...|*subjects*...>
>
> So, based on such rule; the following makes sense:
> - configLdap
>
> About subjects, think what the API is trying to do. For example;
>
> addToLoadBalancerRule does not make sense, what are we adding to
> LoadBalancerRule, probably a rule right? So, in that
> case addLoadBalancerRule makes sense.

Indeed, the grammar is something few people are aware of. Reason why
we have APIs that don't conform to it. So it's better to codify this
in a wiki.

I'm still looking to understand when we create a new API vs
overloading an existing API. Sometimes this depends on the breakdown
of operations. For instance, the LoadBalancerRule API only creates the
LB Rule while adding instances to that rule is a different operation.
So two APIs were created for the purpose.

--
Prasanna.,